[keycloak-user] Conflicting logins with admin console

Kyle Swensson kyle.swensson at tasktop.com
Mon Jun 19 18:06:19 EDT 2017

Hello again,

We realized that we had installed Keycloak 3.1 incorrectly when we were
trying it out before, so we re-installed keycloak 3.1.0 and actually found
that it fixed our issue as well, in fact it works substantially better than
the master build and has totally different behavior. in 3.1.0, If we login
to the Keycloak admin console while logged into a user application, then
refresh the user application we are just logged out of the user
application, and nothing else happens, which is exactly what we were
looking for, so that's great! We did run into a bit of a weird
inconsistency on the 3.1.0 build though. We found that even though logging
into the master realm admin console logs someone using the user application
out, the user can log back into the user application while the admin
console is still in use, and nothing happens, and users can use both the
master realm keycloak admin console and the user application simultaneously
on the same browser while logged into different users. This isn't really a
big problem, but we were just curious if this is expected behavior, or if
there may be some easy way to make the behavior more consistent.

Thanks,
Kyle