[keycloak-user] JAX-WS 2.2 on Keycloak 2.5.1

David Lustig DLustig at carbonite.com
Wed Mar 1 17:47:28 EST 2017

Hello,

There are a number of WCF/SOAP services hosted on separate servers that I need to contact from with within a custom Authenticator in Keycloak 2.5.1.  For this task, I have generated SOAP service clients using JAX-WS 2.2 and deployed them with my custom authenticator.  Whenever a user hits the authenticator during his login process, though, he gets the following error:
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/Service

The authenticator's module.xml file has the following dependencies listed:
<module name="org.keycloak.keycloak-core"/>
<module name="org.keycloak.keycloak-model-api"/>
<module name="org.keycloak.keycloak-login-api"/>
<module name="org.keycloak.keycloak-services"/>
<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jaxrs"/>
<module name="javax.xml.ws.api"/>
<module name="javax.ws.rs.api"/>

I would have thought the javax.xml.ws.api dependency would have addressed the issue.  Do you know how I can go about loading JAX-WS 2.2 web service clients in Keycloak 2.5.1, or if I should be using a different framework for SOAP calls (I've already tried Axis2, which had its own issues)?

Thank you for your help,

David Lustig