[keycloak-user] Keycloak reset password, password manager browsers and this is not a login form

Vincent Sluijter Vincent.Sluijter at crv4all.com
Mon Mar 6 05:37:41 EST 2017

Hello,

When we use the user password reset form Keycloak in version 1.9.5
(currently in our system) and version 2.5.4 (latest) the password
manager of the browser tries to update to the latest password change.
The problem is that it tries to store “this is not a login form” as the
credentials instead of the users changed password. Is this intended
behavior? Or is this a bug by the latest browsers?

The problem is that our users have updated their password and stored
their account with the credentials “this is not a login form”. Because
of this they get a error while trying to login with auto filled
credentials.

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Tested and reproduced in Firefox (51.0.1) and Google Chrome
(56.0.2924.87)

Included are two screenshots of the problem.

Kind regards,

Bram Arts
This message is subject to the following E-mail Disclaimer. (http://www.crv4all.com/disclaimer-email/) CRV Holding B.V. seats according to the articles of association in Arnhem, Dutch trade number 09125050.