[keycloak-user] keycloak 2.5.4 - Multi Data Center with TCP

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 03:05:48 EST 2017

Hi,

this is something, which we are going to properly support in Keycloak 3.X .

Right now, there is already some basic support available regarding our
invalidation caches. You can see some notes here [1] and also the
JDG/Infinispan documentation around this subject, which contains some
additional details how to setup JDG servers etc.

As you can see in my notes, the biggest limitation is, that
userSessions, offline sessions and login failures caches are not aware
of cross-DC. So if you want sessions to be shared between datacenters,
you would need to setup all those "distributed" caches to be cross-dc
aware too. Probably something similar like the "work" cache setup in the
notes. But we didn't tested it yet. And also there will be a lot of
communications between datacenters as every login writes few times to
the "sessions" cache. This is something, which we are going to optimize.

[1] https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/misc/CrossDataCenter.md

Marek