[keycloak-user] KeycloakPrincipal ClassCastException

Brent Vaughn Vaughn at climatecontrolgroup.com
Thu Mar 9 18:49:34 EST 2017

Using KeyCloak 2.5.4 and Wildfly 10.1.0

I am attempting to create a JSF component that involves Keycloak.  I am getting this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.keycloak.KeycloakPrincipal cannot be cast to org.keycloak.KeycloakPrincipal

Below is the line of code that throws the exception.

public void encodeBegin(FacesContext context) {
KeycloakPrincipal<KeycloakSecurityContext> kp = (KeycloakPrincipal<KeycloakSecurityContext>) context.getExternalContext().getUserPrincipal();
}

Funny thing is this.  The exception is only thrown when the JSF Component is in a separate jar and then added to the project.  If I put the code in question directly in the project, it doesn't throw the exception.

Can anyone help me with this?