[keycloak-user] Theming applications by customers

Nicolas Gillet nicolas.gillet at market-ip.com
Fri Mar 10 07:39:09 EST 2017

Hello,

I am looking for an SSO solution and started playing around with Keycloak.
We currently have no SSO solution but it has become a need that our application can seamlessly interact.

Our customers have "branding" requirement so we adapt the look of our application pages (including login pages) with their logo and colors.
For some customers, we use a cookie to know which branding they need, for others we have dedicated domain names pointing to the very same IP's.

>From what I grasped of Keycloak, this branding can be achieved with "themes" that can be configured on "realms".
Configuring a realm seems to require quite some time and if we have an important number of branded customer this might become hard to maintain.
Also, the "topology" of our application (which are "clients" in Keycloak I think) remains the same for all customers of ours but as a "client" belongs to a single "realm" we'll have to duplicate this configuration and propagate the changes to any realm.

So, I am wondering if Keycloak can fit our need of if I don't get it correctly.

If someone could be kind enough to shed some light on this for me or point me toward a way to achieve our goal I'd be very thankful.

Kind regards,

Nicolas GILLET

Market-IP - Creating Mobile Intelligence
Phone : +32 81 33 11 11
Fax : +32 81 33 11 10
www.market-ip.com<http://www.market-ip.com/> - www.telefleet.com<http://www.telefleet.com/> - www.geoplanning.net<http://www.geoplanning.net/> - www.drivexpert.net<http://www.drivexpert.net/>