[keycloak-user] Submitted Feature: More Secure PassowrdHashProviders

Ori Doolman Ori.Doolman at amdocs.com
Mon Mar 13 05:51:33 EDT 2017

Adam,
From this code change:
-spi-private/src/main/java/org/keycloak/credential/hash/Pbkdf2PasswordHashProvider.java<https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/compare/master...adambkaplan:feature/KEYCLOAK-4523?diff=unified&expand=1&name=feature%2FKEYCLOAK-4523#diff-6bd4fe1e1352335e9875f74a54373b57> :
-public class Pbkdf2PasswordHashProvider implements PasswordHashProviderFactory, PasswordHashProvider {
+public class Pbkdf2PasswordHashProvider extends APbkdf2PasswordHashProvider implements PasswordHashProviderFactory {

I am concerned that backward compatibility is not maintained, and I would have to replace all active user passwords after upgrade. Is that correct?
Also, where do I set the SHA-256 option eventually? Do I control it from the Admin Console UI?

Thanks,
Ori.