[keycloak-user] How to upgrade server keycloak-overlay

Marko Strukelj mstrukel at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 11:34:05 EDT 2017

That's a good point. Our install mechanism for adapters is to simply unzip
an archive.
If you want to upgrade the cleanest way would be to completely delete the
old adapter, and install the new one.

We don't have a mechanism to delete files so you're on your own here.

On Linux and MacOS you could do:

cd WILDFLY_HOME
jar tf  ~/Downloads/keycloak-wildfly-adapter-dist-PREVIOUS_VERSION.zip |
xargs -I {} rm {}
unzip ~/Downloads/keycloak-wildfly-adapter-dist-NEW_VERSION.zip

Neither do we have a script for uninstalling the components from Wildfly.
You could do something