[keycloak-user] UI for custom providers

Tomás García tomas at intrahouse.com
Mon Mar 13 12:56:59 EDT 2017

Hi,

I wonder if it's planned to add the possibility to make UI (HTML) for a
custom provider, like having a Providers section in the Keycloak dashboard
menu where it will appear all of those providers with custom UI. For
example, for an Keycloak custom API I've made, I want to let the admin to
change a whitelist of clients used inside the provider. Right now, I'll
have to use the configuration stuff inside the standalone.xml file, which
means that the server must be reset each time.

In this issue (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3605), Stian you
said:

"I think you misunderstood me. We now have a generic component storage
mechanism that makes it easy to add configurable providers. It sorts out
persistence as well as UI automatically. To support that the Email Sender
SPI including UI screens have to be changed. IMO that should be done prior
to adding more options to the email sender. "

Is this generic component storage mechanism going in this direction? Is
there an explanation somewhere about this mechanism? Example code?

Thanks.