[keycloak-user] Getting parsing error while posting client_assertion in Keycloak 2.2.1.Final (Offline Access)

Jyoti Kumar Singh assassin.creed60 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:51:24 EDT 2017

Hi Team,

We are using Keycloak Tag 2.2.1.Final for our sample code for offline
access flow through signed JWT, where we are passing offline_token
(refresh_token) as "client_assertion" through JWTClientCredentialsProvider
API call.

We are getting "Parsing error" at Keycloak end (JWSInput.java) as I could
see Keycloak API is parsing client_assertion as  (parts.length < 2 ||
parts.length
> 3).

That means refresh_token parts should be less than 2 or greater than 3, but
the client_assertion which we have is always has 3 parts (i. header, ii.
payload and iii. Signature).

Could you please suggest what is the significance of above mentioned logic.
Or is there anything we are missing in "client_assertion".
--

*With Regards, Jyoti Kumar Singh*