[keycloak-user] Different username for direct access grant?

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 06:09:35 EDT 2017

Hi!

We're integrating our Java application with Keycloak using JAAS. We're
making use of org.keycloak.adapters.jaas.DirectAccessGrantsLoginModule

For this application, we'd like the users to authenticate with a username
that is different from the "username" property in the Keycloak UserModel.
Instead, we'd like to use the Keycloak ID.

I had thought that changing the "username" protocol mapping for the client
that is used would do the trick. I changed the value for the "property"
field from "username" to "id" - that does not have the desired effect, as
users can still log in with their 'username' (instead of the UUID value
that is the Keycloak ID.

What is my mistake?

Regards,

  Guus