[keycloak-user] Mobile App, native login

matteo restelli teoreste at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:37:27 EDT 2017

Hi all,
we're planning to use Keycloak for a project and we're really excited about
that. The only thing that makes us thinking a little bit is the
authentication flow via native mobile app. I've already read that the
authentication via Webview or External Browser, using the Keycloak login
page, is the best practice. But we think that our mobile app designers
might prefer a native login form with some buttons for social login. How
can we do that?

1) For "direct" authentication via username & password we can use the
direct access grants mode, is it right?

2) What about the social login part? How can we authenticate users when we
receive the access token from an external identity providers such as
Facebook? We need to implement our custom Authenticators and then deploy
them with Keycloak?

I apologize because i know that this question has been asked a lot of
times, but we haven't been able to figure it out.

Thank you very much, have a nice day,
Matteo