[keycloak-user] Architecture for Multiple DB

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed May 3 07:16:41 EDT 2017

This depends on how exactly you implemented your user storage SPI. It's
up to you to specify if your custom user storage is read-only, if it
supports registration of new users, which attributes of users need to be
in your storage, which credential types (for example you can specify
passwords to be in your postgresql based storage when the TOTP
credentials will be in the mysql based storage etc).

There is documentation in "Server Developer" guide. Also we have
examples in the keycloak-examples distribution in the directory "providers".

Marek