[keycloak-user] Recurrent unexpected UPDATE_PASSWORD required action (AD related?)

Adrian Matei adrianmatei at gmail.com
Thu May 4 10:28:29 EDT 2017

Hi guys,

Some users get unexpectedly the UPDATE_PASSWORD required action. The funny
thing is, this happens even if the this is disabled in Realm >
Authentication > Required Actions > Update Password (OFF) (BUT entries
still get generated in the USER_REQUIRED_ACTION table).

I presume this happens when the sync with Active Directory happens, even
when no users are imported... (No special config there)

We had this issue with version 1.7.0.Final, but still persists with the
migration to version 2.5.1.Final

Anyone experiences same issue or can advise on this? Thanks.

Best regards,
Adrian