[keycloak-user] question on REST API usage

Istvan Orban istvan.orban at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:15:23 EDT 2017

Hi Guys,

We have several applications one of them is a SPA. We are moving our
application's user management to Keycloak.

In our SPA application we have three features.

1, /api/users/me -> returning the details of the logged-in user
2, /api/users -> get a list of users / realm
3, /api/users/{email} -> returning info of a user

solutions:

1,  is easy to solve by using the userinfo endpoint of openid connect
2 and 3 i wanted to solve by creating a API proxy and use the REST endpoint
of keycloak
Of course to support this my existing API needs to log-in to the realm as a
user

am I on the right track? Is there a better aproach ?

Thanks for any guidance!