[keycloak-user] Speed up token generation by HMAC or EC-signing

Matuszak, Eduard eduard.matuszak at worldline.com
Tue May 30 08:34:14 EDT 2017

Hello

Since version 2.5 it is possible to choose other signing mechanism than RSA in the realm-administration. To enhance performance, I tried out to induce keycloak to use HMAC for token signing, but it seems, that this does not work: HMAC is ignored despite the priority settings and login will even fail, if HMAC key is the only active/enabled key. It would be nice (and esssential for our purposes for performance issues) to be able to change the signature algorithms and if elliptic curves would be provided as a fast asymmetric alternative to RSA as well. Is this projected for a near-future version?

Best regards, Eduard Matuszak