[keycloak-user] Backup of config and users

Knurr, Michael Michael.Knurr at adesso.ch
Wed Nov 1 04:30:22 EDT 2017

Well, I don’t know, using db tools is certainly more efficient. There are probably a number of ways to backup the keycloak data. However, looking at it from a „product perspective“ I think that keycloak needs to have a builtin method to backup and restore its own data.

When you are running keycloak in a production environment you need to have a recommended and supported way of creating and restoring your backups. Most certainly there are alredy a number of companies which already have these procedures in place.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to write them down and add them to a „backup and restore“ Chapter in the keycloak documentation? What do you think?