[keycloak-user] Keycloak startup fails when Widlfly running in Standalone-HA mode

Narendra Kadali narendra_kadali at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:53:21 EDT 2017

I am trying to deploy Keycloak cluster in standalone-ha mode in our Openshift environment. I followed following blog post: http://blog.keycloak.org/2017/09/cross-datacenter-support-in-keycloak.html and made changes to standalone-ha.xml configuration file. When I am deploying Keycloak in our environment, deployment is failing and I am seeing below error message.

21:53:01,694 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0026: Keycloak 3.2.1.Final (WildFly Core 2.0.10.Final) started (with errors) in 3413ms - Started 523 of 918 services (3 services failed or missing dependencies, 651 services are lazy, passive or on-demand)

Apart from this I don't see any errors in the logs. In fact in logs, I see Keycloak deployed successfully but when I am trying to access Keycloak getting HTTP 404 error. Below is the snippet of the log.

21:53:01,612 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 51) WFLYSRV0010: Deployed "keycloak-server.war" (runtime-name : "keycloak-server.war")

21:53:01,694 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0060: Http management interface listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990/management

21:53:01,694 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0051: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

21:53:01,694 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0026: Keycloak 3.2.1.Final (WildFly Core 2.0.10.Final) started (with errors) in 3413ms - Started 523 of 918 services (3 services failed or missing dependencies, 651 services are lazy, passive or on-demand)

When I accessed Wildfly management console and looked under deployments section, I realized that keycloak war file deployment failed. For some reason Keycloak deployment failing and it is not outputting any error logs. In our environment UDP - Multicast doesn't work. So we are relaying on TCPPING protocol for node discovery process.  Can it cause any such issues?

Attached the complete server startup log and ha configuration we are using. On a side note, when we are running Keycloak in standalone mode we are not facing any such issues.

Have you any of you came across this issue? Any help on this issue is appreciated.

Thanks!