[keycloak-user] example authz photos not working

Max Bruchmann max.bruchmann at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 04:28:05 EST 2017

Hi,

maybe I'm doing something wrong but it looks like instructions of the
photoz example are not working.

When importing the Authorization Setting
"examples/authz/photoz/photoz-restful-api/src/main/resources/photoz-restful-api-authz-service.json"
the "Only Owner Policy" entry contains "${project.version}" which leads
to a failed import. It works with the processed version in
target/classes since it is replaced during the build. Also as the "Only
Owner Policy" is a maven entry and its pom depends on the parent and the
parent on its parent you need to do mvn install in the root example folder.

The only thing I was not able to work arround was the deploying is the
actual deployment of the photoz-restful-api

When I execute:

cd examples/authz/photoz/photoz-restful-api
mvn clean package wildfly:deploy

It results in:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.wildfly.plugins:wildfly-maven-plugin:1.1.0.Final:deploy
(default-cli) on project photoz-restful-api: Failed to execute goal
deploy: {"WFLYCTL0062: Composite operation failed and was rolled back.
Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-1" => {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed
services" =>
{"jboss.module.service.\"deployment.photoz-restful-api.war\".main" =>
"WFLYSRV0179: Failed to load module: deployment.photoz-restful-api.war
[ERROR] Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException:
org.keycloak.keycloak-authz-client"}}}}

And the log on the server side:

00:20:22,098 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1)
MSC000001: Failed to start service
jboss.module.service."deployment.photoz-restful-api.war".main:
org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
jboss.module.service."deployment.photoz-restful-api.war".main:
WFLYSRV0179: Failed to load module: deployment.photoz-restful-api.war
     at
org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:91)
     at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:2032)
     at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1955)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException:
org.keycloak.keycloak-authz-client
     at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:1217)
     at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1573)
     at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1601)
     at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:287)
     at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:271)
     at
org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:68)
     ... 5 more

So if I understand it correctly there is no authz client module
installed on keycloak. How do I solve this?

Kind Regards,

Max