[keycloak-user] upgrade to 3.4 issue

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Nov 14 05:17:19 EST 2017

Hi,

Today we tried to upgrade our standalone 3.3 install to 3.4, following
the docs:

- copied 3.3 /standalone/ over the 3.4 install, replacing all
- copied mysql connector in modules/system/layers/keycloak/org

But then, the standalone upgrade script doesn't work:

> root at server:/opt/keycloak-3.4.0.Final# bin/jboss-cli.sh --file=bin/migrate-standalone.cli
> Cannot start embedded server: WFLYEMB0021: Cannot start embedded process: Operation failed: WFLYSRV0056: Server boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.
> root at server:/opt/keycloak-3.4.0.Final#

When starting the 3.4 server without having run the upgrade script, we
see what the actual problem appears to be:

> OPVDX001: Validation error in standalone.xml -----------------------------------
> |
> |  470:     </spi>
> |  471: </subsystem>
> |  472: <subsystem xmlns="urn:wildfly:elytron:1.2" final-providers="combined-providers" disallowed-providers="OracleUcrypto">
> |       ^^^^ Unexpected element '{urn:wildfly:elytron:1.2}subsystem'
> |
> |  473:     <providers>
> |  474:         <aggregate-providers name="combined-providers">
> |  475:             <providers name="elytron"/>
> |
> | The primary underlying error message was:
> | > ParseError at [row,col]:[472,9]
> | > Message: Unexpected element '{urn:wildfly:elytron:1.2}subsystem'

The same standalone.xml still works in the keycloak 3.3, so it basically
seems to be ok, or not corrupt at least. This install has been upgraded
from:
3.0 -> 3.1 -> 3.3 (we skipped 3.2)

It seems that our config has to be migrated using the script, but the
upgrade-standalone.cli script will not run...

What to do?

MJ