[keycloak-user] loggin saml requests/responses

Phillip Fleischer pcfleischer at outlook.com
Sat Nov 18 18:42:32 EST 2017

Turns out I was adding the logging level to the console but was viewing the log through docker which shows the file

So i just needed to add the log level to the file handler.

I didn’t want to add to the root logger cause it was too noisy… with it set this way everything looks perfect.

<console-handler name="CONSOLE">
    <level name="DEBUG"/>
    <formatter>
        <named-formatter name="COLOR-PATTERN"/>
    </formatter>
</console-handler>
<periodic-rotating-file-handler name="FILE" autoflush="true">
    <level name="DEBUG"/>
    <formatter>
        <named-formatter name="PATTERN"/>
    </formatter>
    <file relative-to="jboss.server.log.dir" path="server.log"/>
    <suffix value=".yyyy-MM-dd"/>
    <append value="true"/>
</periodic-rotating-file-handler>