[keycloak-user] client certificate authentication using HAProxy and Keycloak

Wei Li weil at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 10:37:06 EST 2017

Hi,

We are using HAProxy as the reverse proxy for the Keycloak server, and we
are terminating the SSL connection at HAProxy.

Now we want to enable client certificate authentication. Because the SSL is
terminated at HAProxy, we can't use the existing CCA feature provided by
Keycloak. But we can get the client cert info in HAProxy and pass them onto
Keycloak in headers. So is there a way to allow Keycloak to get the user
info from the headers and perform authentication?

Thanks for your help in advance!

--

WEI LI

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER