[keycloak-user] BeerCloak update

Dmitry Telegin mitya at cargosoft.ru
Wed Nov 22 10:51:21 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

BeerCloak[1] has just got a substantial update. Highlights are:

- EAR packaging. This is probably the most important item, as I
remember people here asking many times how to package providers into an
EAR together with external dependencies, so finally here is a complete
working example;
- more reliable initial data population;
- update to Keycloak 3.4.0.Final;
- minor fixes & refactoring;
- doc updates, especially on the installation procedure.

It still lacks tests, so I'd appreciate much if someone more
experienced would recommend me what exactly to test and how, or
probably even would help me with writing tests.

BeerCloak is a comprehensive Keycloak extension example, which
comprises different techniques, sometimes undocumented, to build a
complete real-life Keycloak extension. From the technical point of
view, it includes a custom JPA entity, custom admin REST resource,
admin GUI extensions and everything else needed to glue that together.
I'd be happy to see it as a semi-official blueprint, or a starting
point for those interested in extending Keycloak.

Cheers,
Dmitry

[1] https://github.com/dteleguin/beercloak