[keycloak-user] Running a pre-release?

Phillip Johnsen phillip.johnsen at tomra.com
Mon Oct 2 07:06:30 EDT 2017

Does anyone have any hints about possibly running a CR version or even directly off the master branch?

The migration docs says the following:

   Migration from a candidate release (CR) to a Final release is not supported. We do however recommend that you test migration for a CR so we can resolve any potential issues before the Final is released.

Which in reality answers my question, but is it really impossible in theory? I'm not too familiar with Keycloak yet, so any hints about possible consequences and / or tricks would be great.

To elaborate more about my actual need; we're developing a product that has a hard requirement on the recently merged Paypal integration: https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/4449

We have utmost respect for recent changes not beeing added and stressed into future releases, so we want to double check if there's anything we can to do run Keycloak with those changes even though a final version including Paypal hasn't been published yet. We do acknowledge we're taking some risk by possibly running a pre-release, though that might be worth it for us, as long as we don't create a massive challenge for ourselfs down the road.

Any hints or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Phillip