[keycloak-user] Users (related to LDAP) are gone when I change the username

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 08:08:17 EDT 2017

Thanks.

I see it probably doesn't work as you have email as username and "uid"
is used as both username attribute and RDN attribute. When you're
changing email of user in Keycloak, it is trying to change "uid" in
LDAP, but that's not allowed.

I can imagine that things might work if you configure "mail" as
"Username LDAP Attribute" and "uid" as "RDN LDAP Attribute", but you
probably need to do some tricks with mappers and maybe implement your
own LDAP mapper. If you don't manage to have this working, feel free to
create JIRA.

Marek