[keycloak-user] feature request: ldap protocol as authentication frontend

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 08:59:56 EDT 2017

No, Keycloak itself doesn't talking with the applications through the
LDAP protocol.

I suggest to take a look at ApacheDS for this. It is written in Java and
allows you to plug the "source" of identities like users etc. Maybe
there is a way to connect it somehow to Keycloak DB and take users from
there, but it will be lots of coding needed though. We are using
ApacheDS in our testsuite, you can take a look for inspiration:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/misc/Testsuite.md#ldap-server

Marek