[keycloak-user] preferred identity mechanism for rest clients

Graham O'Regan graham.oregan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 15:45:06 EDT 2017

Hi,

We are using mod_auth_openidc set up as a keycloak client so we can use openid-connect for browsers and oauth20 for REST clients. We have setup some REST clients as users and use a grant_type=password to get a bearer token but I’ve also tested using a keycloak client with a service account to achieve a similar effect. There is a benefit to us in using a user account because we have hooked the account creation into our internal authorization mechanism but would it be preferable to use service accounts instead?

Thanks in advance,