[keycloak-user] Load testing and performance

Thelo Gaultier thelo.gaultier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 03:49:19 EDT 2017

Hi,

Indeed the performance increased but this is not really recommended ( the
new nist guideline recommend at least 10K iterations, but this will only
increase over time). Has anyone tried to move the password hashing outside
of Keycloak ( AWS Lambda for example, or any scalable micro service) to
reduce the CPU usage of keycloak and allow it to deal with more request per
second ( the latency will be high but this might be ok) ?

@Meissa: You can reduce the number of iteration or switch to another
hashing algorithm, but once again if your database leaks, your password
might be more easily crackable.

@Marko: do you know if at some point the interaction between the different
node of a cluster might become a possible bottleneck in the case of a large
cluster?

Many thanks,

Thelo