[keycloak-user] Reset password and verify email links are to long

Hynek Mlnarik hmlnarik at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 07:35:51 EDT 2017

With introduction of action tokens [1], the links have been changed to
include a JWT, hence they need to be this long. There is no shortening
service available at the moment.

I can imagine only text variant of the e-mail been affected. If this is of
real concern, feel free to open new feature request JIRA (the KEYCLOAK-542
has been resolved but the mechanism has been changed since then) and
describe your usecase.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-4627

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Richard <richie765 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I stumbled upon this ticket:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-542 and it seems to be resolved
> a long time ago.
> However the links are still very long. It messes up the email layout I
> created. I decoded the token in the link and it contains a lot of stuff.
>
> Am I missing something or should this ticket be reopened?
>
> -- Richard

--Hynek