[keycloak-user] Keycloak 3.0.0 Final and Google IDP

Joe Strathern jstrathern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:34:56 EDT 2017

Hello Keycloak Community,
I am trying to configure my Keycloak 3.0.0.Final install with Google as an
Identity Provider, and hit an issue.
After configuring my Google Dev account, including enabling the Google+
API, as well as setting up the provider in Keycloak, the Google+ login
appears when i access my application.
However, upon successfully logging into Google, I get the following error
from Keycloak:
"Unexpected error when authenticating with identity provider".
Reviewing my Keycloak logs, i can see Keycloak is failing to make an oauth
callback to google, and the connection is refused.
I've attached the full log of the error for reference.

Intiially thinking it was due to a network proxy, i configured http.proxy
settings (host, port, user, and password) through standalone.conf.bat,
however the issue still occurs.

Is there an additional step i am missing to ensure Keycloak can communicate
successfully with Google? Or is there another location i should be setting
the proxy information for Keycloak?

Thanks,
Joe