[keycloak-user] Upgrading from Red Hat SSO 7.0 to Keycloak 3.1

Chris Savory chris.savory at edlogics.com
Tue Sep 5 13:46:32 EDT 2017

I never saw a response to this question.   Is it possible to migrate from RH SSO 7.0 to Keycloak 1.9.8 and then up to Keycloak 3.2?

On 6/19/17, 12:53 PM, "keycloak-user-bounces at lists.jboss.org on behalf of Marcelo Nardelli" <keycloak-user-bounces at lists.jboss.org on behalf of marcelo.nardelli at gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    At work, we have an installation of Red Hat SSO 7.0 and we were going to
    upgrade it to version 7.1. However, I was told that the our Red Hat
    subscription won't be renewed, so now we want to upgrade to the last
    Keycloak version. Is this (upgrade from SSO 7.0 to Keycloak 3.1) supported?
    I've been trying to follow the instructions on the documentation (
    https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/documentation/server_admin/topics/MigrationFromOlderVersions.html),
    but it's not working. Specifically, when I try to run the migration script
    (after copying the old standalone.xml and the keycloak-server.json file)

        jboss-cli.sh --file=migrate-standalone.cli

    I get this error:

        Cannot start embedded server: WFLYEMB0021: Cannot start embedded
    process: Operation failed: WFLYSRV0056: Server boot has failed in an
    unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.

    I suppose the Keycloak version used in SSO 7.0 is too old and I will have
    to do some manual work here, but I wanted to know if there is some specific
    advice for this case...

    Thanks,

    Marcelo Nardelli