[keycloak-user] Realm configuration under Version Control

Lucian Ochian okianl at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 14:19:36 EDT 2017

you can also have a script(with admin client) that recreates it when you run it. (Java or Groovy maybe?!)

    On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:24 AM, Christian Schneider <cschneiderpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,
we wan't to have our Keycloak-Realm configuration under Version Control.
The goal is that every stage (Development, Integration, Testing and
Production) should have an own configuration file for the realm (without
users of course, they should stay over time). When we want to change
something, it should be done over the configuration file.

My initial Idea was to user the migration import and export parameters for
that.
First export the current configuration on every stage, commit it, and then
import it on startup. But the problem is, that the realm is first dropped
(including the users) and then imported. After that, all existing users are
removed :(.

What is your strategy to have the keycloak configuration under version
control? So that every change is transparent and documented?

Best Regards,
Christian.