[keycloak-user] KeyCloak as an OIDC

Anton kurrent93 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 06:04:30 EDT 2017

I cant speak for OP, but it sounds like a question I asked a while ago:

I'm looking to build an application ( identity provider) that will have
user accounts. So, where as the typical example is a user links their
Facebook, or LinkedIn account to a Keycloak account. Im interested in
making an Identity Provider - comparable to Facebook, LinkedIn - interns of
supporting the OIDC protocol - so that user can link these accounts.

Users then should then be able to link their account to a parent account.

I have been reading http://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.1/server_
development/topics/identity-brokering/account-linking.html and see that
this is possible.

I have a few questions. On the docs it says:

> The application must already be logged in as an existing user via the OIDC
> protocol

How does an application login as a user?
Does this mean the user must be logged into the Identity provider
application?

Am I correct in assuming the Identity Provider application needs to
implement the OIDC Protocol? Is this something Keycloak can do? Are there
any examples of this?