[keycloak-user] Enabling High Availability for Keycloak 3.1.0 on AWS ECS Instance

Jyoti Kumar Singh jyoti.tech90 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 06:32:25 EDT 2017

Hi Team,

I am trying to enable high availability for Keycloak 3.1.0 on AWS ECS
instances.

I am running two ECS instances in a cluster setup and also I have
setup Keycloak
in a clustered mode. To achieve this, I am using "
*/standalone/configuration/standalone-ha.xml *" file while building the
docker image. Shared MySQL DB and Load Balancer setup are also in place.

But when I checked Keycloak logs I am not seeing clustered nodes related
information in logs. I am seeing nodes are not able to see each other. But
same settings are working fine in DCOS Marathon platform.

Interestingly if I run two Keycloak instances in one AWS ECS instance on
different ports, I could see clustering related logs in Keycloak.

Is there any standard guidelines which I can follow to achieve HA in AWS
ECS instance ?? I followed the below discussion thread but it didn't  help
me to fix the issue.

#Link:
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2016-February/004940.html

--