[keycloak-user] Set up fine grained permissions

Hammarberg, Daniel daniel.hammarberg at capgemini.com
Tue Apr 3 03:57:41 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to set up fine grained permissions, following the instructions at http://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#_fine_grain_permissions

I don’t manage to set permissions for a user to view one client. Could anyone help me to find what’s missing?

My settings:

In the Users menu:

User cm_g123456 is a member of the group “Content Managers”.
The group Content Managers is mapped to the realm role “Content Manager” and the client roles realm-management -> query-clients and view-users
If I open the user cm_g123456 and check the Effective Roles under Role Mappings, I can see that Content Manager is active.
The user cm_g123456 also has the client role realm-management -> query-clients

In the Clients menu:

I open my client, “foo.com”.

Permissions are enabled. I have the following permission:

Name: manage.permission.client.manageSkfCom
Scopes: manage
Apply Policy: content-managers
Decision Strategy: Unanimous

I have the following policy:

Name: content-managers
Realm Roles:
   Name: Content Manager
   Required: checked
Logic: Positive

When I log in to the admin console as the user cm_g123456, I cannot see any clients. Also, when opening a user I cannot see any client roles in the Available Roles list under Role Mappings.

Best regards
/Daniel

[Email_CBE.gif]Daniel Hammarberg
Managing Delivery Architect | Application Services

Capgemini Sweden | Göteborg

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini Sverige AB, a company registered in Sweden (number 556092-3053) whose registered office is at Gustavslundsvägen 131 Box 825 – S-161 24 Bromma.