[keycloak-user] Is it possible to map 'sub' claim of external identity provider to attribute

Rens Verhage Rens.Verhage at topicus.nl
Sat Apr 7 09:52:43 EDT 2018

I have configured an external OIDC identity provider and now want to add a mapper that maps the OIDC sub (subject) claim to a user attribute:

Mapper type: Attribute Importer
Claim: sub
User Attribute Name: test

On my client I have added a mapper that takes this attribute and inserts it into a claim:

Mapper type: User Attribute
User Attribute: test
Token Claim Name: test
Claim JSON Type: String

On login, I expect to see the claim ‘test’ in the other claims collection, but the collection remains empty. Am I doing something wrong or is mapping of sub not supported?

Rens