[keycloak-user] How to get rid of the basic auth window appearing when logging in on windows machines with SPNEGO / Kerberos login?

Dominik Guhr pinguwien at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:03:43 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have a very weird behaviour here.

I am using an ldap federation provider and SPNEGO with its respective
WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate header to enable auto-login.

Now everything worked fine in our staging environments, but in
production (damn! there's no pülace like...), there's suddenly a Basic
Auth-Window appearing in Chrome (win7) and Edge/Chrome (win10). When
pressing "cancel", the auth-call is returning a 401 and falling back to
the login page. But: After this, when I re-open the page which should
automatically log me in in another tab or in the same tab, it suddenly
works.

Anyone has some infos about that? I am out of ideas, sadly.

Best regards,
Dominik