[keycloak-user] Passing session information

Rens Verhage Rens.Verhage at topicus.nl
Wed Apr 11 11:54:45 EDT 2018

Hi,

I’m using GitHub as an identity provider. For all users that login through GitHub, I’d like to hardcode a session attribute which will be passed through to my application.

In the identity provider settings, I have the option to add a ‘hard coded session attribute’ mapper. In the client settings, I can add a ‘user session note’ mapper. I configured both these mappers on identity provider and client using the same name for the attribute and note. This however doesn’t work and it shouldn’t, as from what I understand, session attributes != session notes.

Now I’m stuck, the identity provider only supports mapping session attributes, the client only supports mapping session notes. How can I pass information in the session from provider to client?

Rens