[keycloak-user] enable CORS

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Apr 17 11:28:18 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have read some more, but would still some feedback from the experts
here. :-) Here's what I think I learned:

We are using apache as a proxy in front of keycloak, configured like this:

> ProxyPreserveHost On
> ProxyVia Off
> ProxyRequests Off
> ProxyPass / "http://localhost:8080/"
> ProxyPassReverse / "http://localhost:8080/"
>
> RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto "https"
> RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Port "443"

After reading https://awesometoast.com/cors/ and
http://enable-cors.org/server_apache.html it seems I have to add CORS
headers in apache config, so I added:

> Header always set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

The "*" in this line feels like opening a large security hole...

But any comments on the above?

MJ