[keycloak-user] Keycloak REST API (send-verify-email) using CURL

Sachin Rastogi sr.misc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 02:14:24 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to invoke Keycloak REST API (send-verify-email) from
https://www.keycloak.org/docs-api/3.4/rest-api/index.html on Windows using
CURL

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -d
"client_id=admin-cli" -d "username=xxxxx" -d "password=xxxxx" -d
"grant_type=password" "http://localhost:8080/auth/
realms/master/protocol/openid-connect/token"

I get the token from above request which I use in the following request as
follow:-

curl -X PUT -H "Authorization: bearer eyJhb......f2jYzaA"
http://localhost:8080/auth/admin/TestRealm/users/dummy1/send-verify-email

Neither the user (dummy1) get the verification email nor above request
return any response. Please advise what am I doing wrong here.

Regards,
SR