[keycloak-user] Keycloak’s deployment design best practices.

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Mon Aug 6 05:19:47 EDT 2018

Hi Rafael,

On Thu, 2018-08-02 at 12:38 -0300, Rafael Weingärtner wrote:
> Hello Keycloak community,
>
> Do you happen to know if there is some sort of white paper published online
> where I can find the best practices to deploy Keycloak?

Not that I know of, but I don't think that best practices for deploying
Keycloak are much different from those for generic Java EE application.
I mean the choice of DBMS, clustering, replication, load balancing and
other general considerations depending on the expected load and
requirements for high availability.

Of course deploying and IAM server has its own specifics, but that will
mostly depend on your particular case, i.e. organizational structure,
number of users, number of applications, user data federation,
brokering to external IdPs etc.

See also this discussion and my answer below, this might be helpful:
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2018-June/014283.html

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro