[keycloak-user] Set key at realm creation or replace an existing key

triton oidc triton.oidc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 05:47:32 EDT 2018

Hi,

i'm trying to do an openshift based implementation.

Two server (Keycloak and a relying party RP)
They cannot communicate, but the RP is supposed to verify Keycloak's token.
For that he needs to have the public key of the realm.

When my pod (Docker instance) restart, i re-create the same realm, with the
same clientID,
but of course the realm's key is a newly generated one.

I saw in an old documentation that it was possible to upload a key
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/1.9/server_admin_guide/topics/realms/keys.html

I didn't found the certificate in the json from
kcadm.sh get realms
so i don't think it's going to help using a
kcadm.sh create realm --file [my_json_with_the_certificate_in_it]

What I would like to do is set the key at the realm creation, or modify it
just after it's creation.

If anyone has a clue, or can just confirm me that it's not possible

Thanks a lot

Amaury