[keycloak-user] attributes are not persisted

Max Bruchmann max.bruchmann at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:32:29 EDT 2018

Hmm unfortunatelly if I use

KeycloakModelUtils.runJobInTransaction(session.getKeycloakSessionFactory(), (session) -> {
      UserModel user = getUserModel(session, userId, realmId);

The user is null :/

Max

Am 10.08.18 um 09:03 schrieb Marek Posolda:
I am not 100% sure, but it's possible that updating users in the events don't currently work. Reason is, that transaction might be already commited. The possible solution long term is to use pre/post events for this (which we don't yet support).

For the short term, it may be possible to manually trigger your own temporarily transaction (You can take a look at KeycloakModelUtils.runJobInTransaction method). Note that in the new transaction, you need to ensure to not use Hibernate entities from the "outer" transaction (EG. all the things like RealmModel, UserModel need to be look-up again through the Model API in the new transaction).

Marek