[keycloak-user] Keycloak 3.4.3 - Importing Terms and Conditions Required Action

McDonnell, John John.mcdonnell at bearingpoint.com
Wed Aug 15 07:04:36 EDT 2018

Hi,

I’m working on an integration project against Keycloak 3.4.3-FINAL, and so am limited to what KeyCloak version in use.

At the moment I have spotted that when I import realm settings as JSON via rest, the terms and conditions required actions enabled/defaultAction settings are not being considered.

I am using the API: HTTP PUT:  "<keycloak_url>/auth/admin/realms/R6", where R6 is the realm I’m updating, and the content of the update I’m trying is:

{
  "realm": "R6",
  "loginTheme": "btcms-default",
  "accountTheme": "r6-default",
  "emailTheme": "btcms-default",
  "passwordPolicy": "regexPattern(^(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\\d)(?=.*[$@$!?&])[A-Za-z\\d$@$!?&]{8,32}) and forceExpiredPasswordChange(90) and passwordHistory(3)",
  "resetPasswordAllowed": true,
  "requiredActions": [
    {
      "alias": "CONFIGURE_TOTP",
      "name": "Configure OTP",
      "providerId": "CONFIGURE_TOTP",
      "enabled": true,
      "defaultAction": false,
      "config": {}
    },
    {
      "alias": "UPDATE_PASSWORD",
      "name": "Update Password",
      "providerId": "UPDATE_PASSWORD",
      "enabled": true,
      "defaultAction": false,
      "config": {}
    },
    {
      "alias": "UPDATE_PROFILE",
      "name": "Update Profile",
      "providerId": "UPDATE_PROFILE",
      "enabled": true,
      "defaultAction": false,
      "config": {}
    },
    {
      "alias": "VERIFY_EMAIL",
      "name": "Verify Email",
      "providerId": "VERIFY_EMAIL",
      "enabled": true,
      "defaultAction": false,
      "config": {}
    },
    {
      "alias": "terms_and_conditions",
      "name": "Terms and Conditions",
      "providerId": "terms_and_conditions",
      "enabled": true,
      "defaultAction": true,
      "config": {}
    }
  ]
}

The issue I’m seeing in the UI is that the terms and conditions require actions is disabled.  I can change this in the UI, and export, which exports this correctly, but I am unable to import this configuration. Is there something else needed to configure required actions?

Regards

John McDonnell
Manager

[signature_831592184]

BearingPoint
Montague House
Adelaide Road
Dublin
D02 K039
Ireland

john.mcdonnell at bearingpoint.com <mailto:john.mcdonnell at bearingpoint.com>
www.bearingpoint.com<http://www.bearingpoint.com>

BearingPoint Ireland uc
registered in Dublin, Ireland No. 489298.
Registered office: Montague House, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.