[keycloak-user] UMA vs OAuth

Dmitry Pichugin pdomsk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:33:49 EDT 2018

> We do support. Could you elaborate more what you are trying to achieve ?

Pedro, thank you for the answer!  You are right.

We tried to apply UMA for simple OAuth scenario "Client Credential flow"
and it was a mistake. We only need to get access token, which contains
scopes. Yes, it's work in KeyCloak.

But we have another problem: when we tried to request an access token with
scopes which are not been existed or not been assigned to the client, as a
result, we received the access token with fill "scope" parameters.

Request:

curl -X "POST" -d "client_id=testclient&client_secret=secret&grant_type=
client_credentials&scope=unexisted_scope"
http://keykcloak_server:8080/auth/realms/master/protocol/openid-connect/token
<http://10.44.32.19:8080/auth/realms/master/protocol/openid-connect/token>

Response:

{
    "access_token": "eyJhbG[...]1LQ",
    "token_type": "Bearer",
    "expires_in": 3600,
    *"scope": ""*
}

But,  according to  RFC 6749 The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749> point, we must get the error "
invalid_scope".

4.1.4 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.1.4>. Access Token
Response

   If the access token request is valid and authorized, the
   authorization server issues an access token and optional refresh
   token as described in Section 5.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-5.1>.  If the request
client
   authentication failed or is invalid, the authorization server returns
   an error response as described in Section 5.2
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-5.2>.

and point

5.2 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-5.2>.  Error Response

*.....*

invalid_scope
               The requested scope is invalid, unknown, malformed, or
               exceeds the scope granted by the resource owner.

We tried to find something in client settings for fixing problem, but
nothing to find. Could you reply, is it a KeyCloak's error or we can't
find some special "setting" in the interface?

Best regards. Dmitry Pichugin.