[keycloak-user] Internal server error with event logging

Matthias Kesternich matthias.kesternich at moneymeets.com
Thu Aug 16 08:26:12 EDT 2018

Hello,

with event detail logging enabled I keep getting 500 Internal Server Error. There was also a post on this list in May detailing the same problem (see http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-dev/2018-May/010807.html ).

As outlined in the post the problematic piece of code is

    @Column(name="DETAILS_JSON", length = 2550)
    private String detailsJson;

This hardcodes length to 2550 and apparently some of my event details get bigger than that.

Any idea what I can do about this? Manually changing the database column could work, but I’m afraid a future  keycloak db migration will badly interfere with this.

Is there any “official” way to override values like this? E.g. some configuration setting or JPA way to overwrite this?

Thanks,
-Matthias