[keycloak-user] Multiple password policies

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 08:28:14 EDT 2018

No, neither of the things you mentioned is available OOTB.

I wonder that we may need something like FilterPasswordPolicy, which
will allow to configure child/delegate password policy and the filter
(for example with usage of the scripting engine like our
ScriptBasedAuthenticator is using)? The filter may allow you to specify
for example that:
- User in role "admin" must have password of at least 10 characters
- User, who is not in the role "admin" must have password of at least 7
characters

etc.

Fact is, that it's not available OOTB at this moment. You may either try
to create some custom PasswordPolicyProvider(s) by yourself. Or you can
try to contribute something generic (like the FilterPasswordPolicy
provider I mentioned above) and contribute to Keycloak?

Marek