[keycloak-user] Issues faced in IdP initiated flow

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Sun Dec 16 22:42:09 EST 2018

Hello Bhavana,

There is no direct equivalent for "IdP initiated SSO" in the OpenID Connect world. This will work seamlessly only if both 3rd party IdP *and* the client are SAML (see the attached diagram).

However, there is a workaround that could solve the problem to some extent. You can create a special link that would point inside Keycloak, and upon being opened it will initiate login against 3rd party IdP, bypassing Keycloak login screen. Do you think this will suit your needs?

Regards,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro