[keycloak-user] How to redirect back to our web app in error situation.

Simon Buch Vogensen Simon.Vogensen at sos.eu
Tue Dec 18 08:25:55 EST 2018

Hi

We are using Keycloak 2.5.5 (Redhat SSO 7.1) as an identity broker with Signicat.com as oidc identity provider.
If Signicat for some reason (like user aborting Signicat login flow) returns an error to Keycloak. How am I able to redirect from there to my web app which initially started the request?

Here is the url that Im redirected back to. As you can see there is no redirect url back to my web app. Is it possible to get hold of the redirect url from Keycloak via the state value?

https://sso.server/auth/realms/realm/broker/oidc/endpoint?error=access_denied&error_description=The+Resource+Owner+did+not+complete+the+login.&state=ieRv_eOoI1mS37XER33VcpzuHna2ds8kjPo-PO3aG9A.a8cd08a3-a701-48ed-bb9c-18f8595cb43c

It seems like a part of the state is coming from Keycloak - heres the Keycloak request before being redirected to Signicat.

https://sso.server/auth/realms/realm/broker/oidc/login?code=pQD4oJ2Hf3ueQ2Usf7VKtghjF8XV4RD3UCQwKGkO_i0.a8cd08a3-a701-48ed-bb9c-18f8595cb43c

As you can see in the code value, the part after the dot is the same as in state. Am I able to use that for accessing the redirect_uri?

Kind Regards
Simon Vogensen