[keycloak-user] Validate User Credentials Without Creating a Session

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Feb 2 05:49:39 EST 2018

The easiest is to login through directGrant and then logout session with
the refreshToken. We have an example, which is doing that and shows
logout as well - It's admin-access-app from the preconfigured-demo examples.

The place where the credentials are checked is
Pbkdf2PasswordHashProvider. You can try to debug/investigate for seeing
further how to get there and what code calls this. If it's too much
trouble, I suggest to stick with directGrant + logout approach.

Marek